UPDATED: Arthur Moves Up Some July 4rth Fireworks Shows [VIDEO]
Editor’s Note: Due to Tropical Storm Arthur, some communities in Maine and New Hampshire have rescheduled their Fourth of July fireworks shows.
The Fourth of July is this Friday and regardless of where you live in the Greater Portland area and Maine, you have plenty of choices to enjoy the rockets red glare light up the skies to celebrate Independence Day.
Here are some of the fireworks shows happening in and around Portland:
- Augusta: Fireworks display has been rescheduled to August 2 at 9 p.m.
- Bangor: Fireworks are scheduled at the Bangor Waterfront Park on July 4, 9:30 p.m. (rain date July 5). The Bangor Chamber of Commerce is also holding a Picnic After Hours event on the Bangor Waterfront that offers patrons free food, a cash bar and raffle prizes. Tickets are $15 for adults, children are free.
- Bridgton: Fireworks on July 3 at about 9:10 p.m. at the gravel pit at Stevens Brook School (rain date July 5).
- Freeport: Fireworks on July 4 at the Town Snow Dump on Snow Road at 9 p.m. (rain date July 5).
- Kennebunk: Fireworks on July 4 on Gooch’s Beach across from the Narragansett Inn at 9 p.m. (rain date July 5).
- Lewiston/Auburn: The Lewiston Auburn Liberty Festival annual Fourth of July celebration held at the Great Falls Plaza in Auburn and in Veteran’s Park in Lewiston with bands, entertainment and food vendors has been rescheduled to Sunday, July 6 to 5:30 p.m. The fireworks show will take place at 9 p.m. at West Pich Park over Looking Falls in Auburn.
- Naples: Public fireworks from a raft on Long Lake in Naples on July 4 at 9:15 p.m. (rain date July 5). Also fireworks (listed as public) on July 4 at the Camp Mataponi dock on Sebago Lake at 9:15 p.m. (rain date July 5).
- Old Orchard Beach: Fireworks will be held on Sunday at 9:15 p.m. at Palace Playland and an additional fireworks show will be held on Saturday at 9:15 p.m.
- Ogunquit: Fireworks on July 4 on Ogunquit’s Main Beach, southwest corner of the parking lot at 9:30 p.m. (rain date July 5).
- Oxford: Fireworks on July 3 at about 9:15 p.m. in the center of the track area at the Oxford Plains Speedway.
- Portland: Stars and Stripes Spectacular will be held on July 4 on the Eastern Promenade with fireworks scheduled for 9:15 p.m.
- Saco: Fireworks on Sunday, July 6 at the Funtown/Splashtown USA rear parking lot, 774 Portland Road, at 9:30 p.m.
- Sanford: Fireworks are on July 5 at Number 1 Pond by Riverside and Emery Roads at 9 p.m.
- York: Fireworks on July 5 at around 9:30 p.m. on a barge off of Short Sands Beach.
- York Harbor: Fireworks to be held on July 5 at 9 p.m. over York Beach (rain date July 6).
Here is a complete listing of Maine fireworks shows courtesy of WCSH in Portland.
For you folks who live in New Hampshire and are among our loyal listeners and followers, here is a complete listing of Granite State fireworks shows courtesy of WMUR in Manchester, N.H.
Happy Fourth of July!
Where do you like to watch Fourth of July fireworks in Maine and New Hampshire? Share your comments with us on our web site and on our Facebook and Twitter pages with the hashtag #MENHJuly4Fireworks.