Pets In Halloween Costumes, Cute or Cruel? [POLL]
Community Health Magazine has some great information about a controversial subject in our house; dressing pets in Halloween costumes.
One Halloween when our dogs were younger, I dressed them up in costumes. Mark walked through the door at the end of the day to a belly dancer and a sunflower. He was not amused. This was the first time we had experienced a difference in parenting styles.
If you think that your pets could be any cuter, consider a few things before dressing them up this Halloween:
- Make sure that the costume doesn't have any dangling parts that they could chew off and choke on.
- If it seems to be annoying your pet or their behavior changes, ditch it.
- The costume should not catch on furniture or anything else.
- Do not use human hair coloring to dye your pet's fur.
- Face paints and make up can cause skin irritation and even the non-toxic makeup can cause tummy troubles or worse.