Will Arthur Wreck Portland’s 4th of July Stars & Stripes Spectacular?
The 4th of July Stars & Stripes Spectacular 2014 is on track to be one of the biggest and best Independence Day celebrations for Portland. Mother Nature may have other plans.
With Tropical Storm Arthur moving up the Eastern Seaboard, we’re all holding our breath in hopes that all will go as scheduled. We’ll keep you up to date. Here is the latest forecast from WMTW. But, here are some highlights for Friday, July 4 on the Eastern Prom in Portland.
- Vendors open at noon on the Eastern Promenade, stop by for lunch by the sea
- No Kids – Hungry Scoops for Kids Ice Cream Fest from 4 pm – 7 pm
- Come ride a Hot Air Balloon provided by Remax by the Bay from 5 pm – 7 pm
- See the Middlesex Country Volunteers, a Fife & Drum Corp, perform live in front of City Hall at 5:30 pm and then march up Congress Street
- Be there for the start of the Patriotic Pops concert with the Portland Symphony Orchestra at 7:20 pm or listen to it on 94.9 WHOM
- Enjoy a world class fireworks display at 9:20 pm. What do you think about this story? Will Arthur affect your Fourth of July plans? Share your comments here on our web site and on our Facebook and Twitter pages under the hashtag #July4thPortland.