The Home Upgrades Mainers Should Make This Spring
According to Bankrate.com, there are some home renovations that will add more value than others. Even if you have no plans to sell soon, a few changes can not only improve your home's appearance, but also make it more livable.
- Replace your garage door to greatly increase curb appeal.
- Manufactured stone veneer is a great alternative when considering replacing vinyl siding. It adds more charm to your home and has a higher resale value than vinyl.
- Replace your steel entry door. When we were getting ready to put our house on the market our entry door had rust spots and was beat up. We gave it a good sanding, a coat of fresh paint and a brass kick board. It made a huge improvement to the look of the house. You can pick up a new factory made steel door with glass panels too.
- Add a pressure treated wood deck with a railing and enhance your backyard.
- Freshen up your kitchen with a coat of paint, modernized drawer fronts and replace a couple outdated appliances instead of doing a complete kitchen remodel.
Want more great home ideas and see some products that will make you love your spaces indoor and out?
Join us at the 29th Annual Maine Home and Remodeling Show this weekend at Cross Insurance Arena. Saturday from 10a. to 5p. and Sunday from !0a to 4p. It's only 8 bucks to get in and you'll love the Artisan Marketplace, 15th Annual Meet the Chef Cooking Series, vendors and a Seminar Series on a variety of home improvement projects!