What Do Champions Eat for Breakfast?
Yesterday was my mowing day, so I had a hearty breakfast before taking on our beast of a lawn. I ate at Uncle Andy’s in South Portland because I was curious about the changes after the Food Network “Restaurant Impossible” make over. This is a Lobstermen Omelet and it provided me with plenty of energy to fuel my efforts. Want to know what real athletes eat before they compete? Take a look!
- Charles Barkley, NBA: two McDonald’s filet-o-fish sandwiches, large fries, and a Diet Coke.
- Derek Jeter, MLB: pancakes and an omelet
- Wade Boggs, MLB: a whole chicken
- Peyton Manning, NFL: pasta, two chicken breasts, baked potato, broccoli, Gatorade
- Landon Donovan, soccer: apple,strawberry, banana, blueberry, orange and kale smoothie
- Lebron James, NBA: chicken, vegetables and rice
- Ed “Cookie” Jarvis, competitive eater: two boiled cabbages and two gallons of water
- When Captain runs a marathon he carbo-loads the night before with pasta, and the day of the race he has a big egg and bacon breakfast.
What do you eat before a game or race?
Speak up on our Facebook Fan Page or tweet us with the hashtag #gamedaymeal.
Carbed up on Lucky Charms,