When You Should NOT Wear Flip Flops!
I practically live in mine during the summer, but there are times when you should not wear flip flops:
- Walking your dog. Fecal bacteria works it's way on the inside of your flip flop and onto your feet. Shoes offer more protection, the poo stays on the outside!
- If you are walking quite a distance or if there is a chance that you might have to run. Wipe out! Flip flops force you take shorter strides, so you're more likely to fall. Trucking in them for long distances can also lead to problems with your hips, knees, ankles and spine.
- When you are cooking they are a terrible choice, considering the worries of splattering grease, boiling water and dropping knives!
- Anywhere that is crowded, someone is bound to step on your foot.
- When you are mowing the lawn! You would think this is a no-brainer, but the number of people losing toes while mowing with their flip flops on is just stupid!
- Last, but not least, when you are driving! It isn't illegal, but it IS dangerous because they can get wedged under the pedals and they can fall off!
After all of that very important information, I find it necessary to add a bit that I feel is equally urgent. How to open a corked bottle of wine with a flip flop!
There you have it, everything you need to know about flip flops!