Here’s the Full Weekend Schedule of Fun in Portland’s Old Port
This is THE weekend to come to Portland’s Old Port. Sure, there’s the Old Port Festival on Sunday. But there’s soooo much more happening thanks to the great people at Portland Downtown.
SATURDAY 11am — 3pm WALK THE WORKING WATERFRONT
From Portland Downtown:
Portland’s wharves and piers are open for everyone to enjoy!
- Walk along piers and wharves to catch unique views of Portland’s skyline and harbor;
- Visit retailers and maritime businesses, some of which are rarely open to the public;
- Enjoy special offers, seafood samples, and unique entertainment; and
- Discover a hidden part of downtown Portland; and
- It’s all free!
Tour boats such as the U.S. Coast Guard’s Ocracoke, the City of Portland’s fireboat, and the 16th century El Galeon. Amble out to the ends of historic piers and wharves. Look at lobsters inside massive lobster tanks. Visit seafood processors, ice distributors, the Harbor Master — all of the people and businesses that keep our working waterfront diverse and dynamic.
Maps will be available at the head of Union Wharf from 11am-3pm. Look for the orange flags!
SATURDAY- All Day- SHOP FOR A CAUSE
Shop local. Give back. Make a difference!
To kick off the summer shopping season in Downtown Portland, many of our incredible shops & retailers are coming together to support a great cause: Portland Trails. Portland Trails is a nonprofit land trust whose mission is to create a healthier community through trails, active transportation, conservation and placemaking.
When you shop at any of the locations below, a portion of your purchase will help Portland Trails create a network of trails & green spaces that connect people with places. It’s a win-win for all!
- Bill’s Pizza of Portland — 177 Commercial Street
- The Black Dog — 215 Commercial Street
- Christmas Noel — 57 Exchange Street
- Coffee By Design — All locations
- Cool As A Moose — 388 Fore Street
- d. cole jewelers — 10 Exchange Street
- Dean’s Sweets — 475 Fore Street
- Folia — 50 Exchange Street
- Fore River Gallery — 87 Market Street
- k colette — 100 Commercial Street
- LeRoux Kitchen — 161 Commercial Street
- Lisa-Marie’s Made in Maine — 35 Exchange Street
- Maine’s Pantry — 111 Commercial Street
- Mexicali Blues — 9 & 10 Moulton Street
- Nomads — 100 Commercial Street
- OTTO — All locations
- Portmanteau — 3 Wharf Street
- The Sock Shack — 564 Congress Street
- Something’s Fishy — 32 Exchange Street
- Sweetgrass Winery & Distillery Tasting Room and Shop — 324 Fore Street
SUNDAY-THE OLD PORT FESTIVAL!!
We’re ready to party on the patio again this year for Old Port Fest 2016 at the Dunkin’ Donuts Superstage at One City Center
Sunday, June 12
Noon | Rain or Shine
94 3 WCYY | 94 9 WHOM | Q97.9 | 102.9 WBLM | 103-7 The Peak
Shawn Hook’s hit song ‘Sound Of Your Heart’ has been a staple of the Q97.9 playlist for the last couple of months. This award winning Canadian electronic pop rock singer has had songs featured on TV shows such as Kyle XY, The Hills, Greek, and The Suite Life on Deck.
The Summer Set is a pop rock band from Scottsdale, Arizona, The Summer Set have toured around the world and recorded several albums since they formed in 2007. Their single ‘Figure Me Out’ has been in heavy rotation on Q97.9 for several weeks.
PVRIS, an alternative rock band, is rocking the stage with WCYY. You’ve heard their single ‘You and I’ on the air and now you can see it live at Old Port Fest.
The Dunkin’ Donuts Super Stage will also feature country act the Darren Bessette Band (hosted by 103-7 The Peak) and Q Night Host JR will be spinning the tunes on the patio to keep you dancing all day long.
Plus, the winners of the Maine’s Credit Union “Sound Off” competition will be performing as well!
Line up (subject to change):
11:50 – Happy Folk (winner of the Maine Credit Unions Sound Off
12:20 – Wyld Life (winner of the Maine Credit Unions Sound Off
12:50 – Shawn Hook
1:35 – Darren Bessette Band
2:35 – The Summer Set
3:30 – Pvris
Be sure to stop the free photo booth! Thanks to Cinemagic Stadium Theatres! We’ll have Love Kupcakes as well as Pinky D’s on hand serving food as well.
Subscribe to 102.9 WBLM on