City of Portland Asks Families To Stay Off Public Playground Equipment
According to WMTW, the city of Portland is asking that families not use public playground equipment because of COVID-19 concerns.
The swing sets, climbing structures, slides and other playscape features have not been disinfected or sterilized. Officials are asking that the playground equipment be unused for the time being.
Getting kids outdoors to burn off energy and get exercise and fresh air is super important. Here are a few ideas for getting outdoors during distancing:
- Go for a nature walk and collect a few rocks to bring home to paint.
- Create chalk dolls in your driveway by outlining your kids with sidewalk chalk and then let the kids color in hair, clothing, facial expression and all the other details.
- Skip stones on a local pond or lake.
- Practice a sport outdoors.
- Bring board games out to your picninc table and play as a family.
- Create Four Square in your driveway with sidewalk chalk.
- Learn to hula hoop
- Make a movie or video outdoors.
- Go for a hike or a bicycle ride.
- Decorate the outside of your house with Christmas decorations and join many others in the country who are doing just that to bring a little light and cheer into our lives.