The BLM Morning Show Asks, What’s Your Favorite Wake-Up Song?
Finally science has confirmed what the BLM Morning Show has know for decades, waking up to music gets you out of bed faster!
It's true! A new study showed that waking up to upbeat rock music makes you more alert. One of the songs that they used was "Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys. The research shows that your brain engages with the music better than with a traditional alarm. Let's face it, it's way easier to sleep through your clock alarm than the Immigrant Song.
Wikihow.com has some more suggestion for waking up and laying the groundwork for a successful day:
- Set your alarm with plenty of time for you to get ready before you have to hit the road and head into work.
- Don't hit snooze. What, am I made of wood?! Why no snooze?! Your body goes back into a deeper sleep, then you feel groggy.
- If you can get some morning exercise in, do it. Double bonus points if it takes place outside. As little as 15 minutes of fresh air really helps to jump start your energy for the day.
- Take a shower every morning and make it refreshing. A cooler shower does boost your mood and your awareness.
- What's your favorite Wake-Up Song? Comment on our Fan Page.