This New Hampshire Dad Fined $500 for Gender Reveal Explosion
The father-to-be who blew up explosives at the Torromeo quarry in Kingston during a gender reveal party in April has been fined $500 and agreed to plead no contest to a disorderly conduct charge.
Anthony Spinelli, of Kingston, told Kingston police he shot a container filled with blue chalk and blew up 85 pounds of Tannerite at the quarry on Dorre Road to announce the arrival of a baby boy, according to the complaint in the case. He told police that they were at the quarry because they felt it was a safe location to detonate the Tannerite.
He was charged and fined on Tuesday during a hearing in Brentwood Circuit Court and pleaded no contest to a disorderly conduct charge. The fine was suspended for one year pending good behavior, according to court paperwork.
The explosion was heard for miles around and several people told police their property had been damaged by the explosion, according to the complaint. Commenters on the Rockingham Alert Facebook page after the explosion reported feeling it in Plaistow, Newton, North Hampton, East Kingston, Newmarket and Merrimac, Hampstead and Atkinson.
Kingston police said the investigation determined the damage complaints were unfounded, according to the court paperwork.
The disorderly conduct charge states a person is guilty of violation if they purposely cause a breach of the peace, public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly make a "loud or unreasonable noise."
Contact reporter Dan Alexander at Dan.Alexander@townsquaremedia.com or via Twitter @DanAlexanderNJ