Track Your Stimulus Check, Here’s The App
After a bumpy start it seems that the app is up and running. All it requires is your social security number, your street address and your zip code. I just used it while writing this to make sure it's working and it was all good.
Most people don't have to take any action at all to get their check, if the I.R.S. has your direct deposit information, the money will go right into your bank account. If they do not have that information then you will also need to have your bank info and a copy of your 2019 or 2018 tax return available.
You may get a "Payment Status Not Available" message if:
- you are not eligible for a payment because you make too much money to qualify
- you haven't filed taxes for 2018 or 2019
- you filed you taxes but they are still being processed
- you provided info at "Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info on IRS.gov"
- status update are also not available yet through the Get My Payment app to those who are SSI, VA or RRB Form 1099 recipients, or receive social security
The IRS site also has a FAQ page to answer many questions.