Tuesday Noon Update: The Latest on the Storm and Recovery
Here's the latest on the storm:
CMP held a news conference this morning.
- Service has been restored to over 50,000 customers since the peak of 400,000 without power yesterday.
- CMP expects to restore power to most people by Saturday night.
- CMP is working around the clock with their 1000 employees, plus over 500 from away.
- There are close to 200 broken poles CMP has to fix
- According to CMP:“Today we expect to restore service to large customer groups by completing repairs to transmission and major distribution lines,” said Gail Rice, CMP spokesperson. “We also expect to make more progress on damage assessment, which should allow us to develop a general restoration estimate later today.”
- CMP asked people not to approach line workers and let them do their work.
Here's the full press conference from MEMA today:
You may be waiting in line for gas. Our friends at WGME explain:
Important Chainsaw Safety Tips:
Generator Safety Tips: