What Are Those Terms and Conditions That You Are Agreeing to On Social Media Accounts?
How much attention do you give the Terms and Conditions that you agree to when you join social media? We read the fine print because we know that you haven't! Mostly, they are pleading for common sense to prevail when you are using their app.
- You agree not to,"stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate people" when you join Instagram. Sounds good to me.
- LinkedIn will delete your account if you creatively embellish your work history. You must "agree that your profile information will be truthful." Fair enough.
- Facebook is where I find a problem. The terms that you agree to grant them, "worldwide license to use any IP content that you post". That means that pictures that you post can be used for promotional reasons and they can also share your content with other companies.
- Twitter has you agree that if you get hacked, it's not their problem. If there's a security breach, that's on them.
- Snapchat is just worried about you putting yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time while using their app. You must agree that they are off the hook if you are recording yourself on a train track, using them while driving ar doing something else that could lead to your demise.
With the exception of Facebook, I find these to be reasonable. What do you think? Comment on our Fan Page or tweet #termsandagreements