Working From Home? Get The Most From Your Wi-Fi
According to Yahoo.com, there are some things that we can do to kick up our wi-fi signal while we are working from home and schooling online.
- Download films instead of streaming them online.
- The more devices attached to your wi-fi, the slower it is. Switch off the wi-fi on cell phones and tablets when you aren't using them.
- Using your microwave messes with your wi-fi signal, so don't warm up a Hot Pocket during a video call, while dealing with business or anything important online, or while watching an HD video.
- Put your internet router on a shelf by itself away from anything else that might interfere with it, such as: T.V.'s, monitors, cordless phones, baby monitors and even dimmer switches.
- Use an ethernet cable to connect your computer to your router instead of using your wi-fi. This will get you the best broadband speeds.
- You'll get a better connection during video calls if you hold meetings away from the top and bottom of the hour when most people are having them.