Wedding Season is Here, Oh the Drama!
You’ve used up precious vacation time and any disposable income to attend weddings this summer. And if you are in the wedding party you may have been forced to take out a second mortgage on your home.A new poll done by Harris Interactive reveals how Americans feel about weddings.
- DRAMA keeps 6% of potential guests away! 1% don’t go because they are afraid of running into an ex.
- 3% of people have skipped a wedding because they don’t approve of who their friend or family member is marrying.
- A whopping 88% think that destination weddings are just rude because they put such a financial burden on guests. And again, there goes your vacation time!
- 71% of people think that if it’s not your first wedding you should tone down your expectations and make it more subdued than your first.
- Folks are split about the bride wearing white. Only 55% say the bride should wear white since purity isn’t all that common anymore.
- 16% feel that “giving the bride away” is outdated and no longer appropriate.
Have you ever skipped a wedding for fear of drama? Have you witnessed some?! Tell us your story on our Facebook Fan Page #weddingdrama or tweet us!
My destination wedding was on Fore Street.