How Many Places Can You Recognize On This Beautiful Flyover of Scarborough, Maine?
We found this wicked cool aerial tour of Scarborough on the Maine Public YouTube page. It shows what an incredible place Scarborough is to live, work, and play. Take a quick tour through town and see how many places you can recognize. It's always fun to get a bird's-eye view of your town. This will give you a new perspective of places you go every day.
Some Fun Facts About Scarborough:
- The town's population is around 20,000 people, with over 1300 businesses.
- Scarborough is named for Scarborough in Yorkshire, England.
- Beech Ridge is Scarborough's highest point...a whopping 215 feet up!
- Scarborough has six fire stations.
- Scarborough has the only single life-size Chocolate Moose in the world.
- NFL Commissioner Rodger Goodell owns a house in Prout's Neck in Scarborough. No booing him when you see him in line at the Scarborough Hannaford!
Here's a great shot above the Scarborough High School Field-Go Red Storm!
Do you want beaches? Scarborough has some of the most beautiful beaches anywhere. Higgins, Ferry, and Scarborough Beach State Park are all fantastic!
Scarborough has one of the largest salt marshes in New England, and there are over 70 bird species that live in the area. The marsh has become a great place for bird-watching, fishing, paddle boarding, and duck hunting. If you need more information on exploring the marsh, you can check out the Scarborough Marsh Audobon Center.
Check out this beautiful fly-over of Scarborough and see how many places you can recognize.
LOOK: Here are the 50 best beach towns in America