It’s Girl Scout Cookie Season, Where To Get Yours
It's Girl Scout Cookie season and I couldn't be more excited to put my order in for four boxes of Thin Mints and the Peanut Butter Patties for Mark.
These three lovely ladies are scouting sisters who will be selling as many boxes of Girl Scout Cookies as they can to raise money for outdoor adventures, camp scholarships and travel provided by Girl Scouts of Maine.
Jasmine, Brenna and Laura came into the studios to tell me about how Girl Scout's entrepreneurial spirit enriches the lives of Girl Scouts, not just by raising money, but by teaching them five essential skills:
- Goal Setting
- Decision Making
- Money Management
- People Skills
- Business Ethics
Congratulations to Jasmine who is one of four girls from Maine chosen to be a delegate to participate in the "Commission on the Status of Women" at the United Nations in New York City next month. It's a huge honor and she's a bright, thoughtful, well-spoken person. Just who I would choose to represent Maine Girl Scouts.
We are lucky enough to have a hook up here at our workplace to order our highly anticipated Girl Scout Cookies. If you aren't so lucky, don't fret. Visit the Girl Scout Cookie Booth near the Maine Mall Food Court or snag some at your local grocery store where scouts will have sales tables set up. Go to girlscoutcookies.org and enter your zip code to find a cookie booth near you. You are always welcome to pop in at Girl Scouts of Maine Service Centers in Bangor and South Portland or you can call 1-888-922-4763.
You can sign your daughter up to become a Girl Scout anytime at girlscoutsofmaine.org.
Girl Scout facts:
- After paying the baker, every cent from the boxes of cookies sold stays here for our Maine Girl Scouts.
- Thin Mints is the most popular flavor and is the number two most popular cookie in the country. Number one is Oreo.
- 17,616 packages of cookies are shared with our neighborsthrough Meals on Wheels.
- Thin Mints, Thanks-A-Lots, Lemonades, Peanut Butter Patties and Girl Scout S'mores cookies are all Vegan.
- Thanks-A-Lots are being retired this year, so stock up if you love 'em.
How many boxes of Girl Scout Cookies will you buy this year? Do you hoard them or share them? Comment on our Fan Page.