Maine Open Farm Day Is This Sunday, July 22nd From 10 to 3
Round up friends and family for educational adventure at nearly 100 farms during Open Farm Day this Sunday, July 22nd. This annual rain or shine event is a terrific day for tourists as well as locals. Hay rides, displays, milking, field tours, tasting samples, entertainment, adorable animals, refreshments, displays and farm raised products for sale.
Learn more about Maine agriculture at Open Farm Day this Sunday, July 22nd. Find a list of participating farms here.
Here are some tips from the organizers for the best day possible:
- Bring a cooler with ice to keep the fresh meats and cheeses that you might purchase safely chilled.
- Wear comfy shoes for exploring barns, fields and nature paths.
- Please do not bring pets.
- Please stay within designated visitor areas at the farms.
- Pack layers in case the weather changes.
Agriculture is a huge part of Maine's economy and culture, celebrate it and learn more about how our local food is grown or raised at Maine Open Farm Day!