Spring has sprung, but you wouldn't know it based on our weather so far this week. After having to postpone two games, the Portland Sea Dogs have a doubleheader today at 5 p.m. if the field can be ready.

This was the view of Hadlock Field on Tuesday when the Sea Dogs had to call the game for the second day in a row. Street surfaces in Portland were clear, but grassy areas not so much as an inch or two still remained on the field.

Overnight Tuesday into Wednesday, Portland got mostly rain which helped melt a lot of snow, but today's doubleheader is still questionable based on this Tweet from the Sea Dogs this morning.

It's not just a matter of getting the snow to melt, but the field needs to dry out as well. Grounds crews will do their best to have the field ready, but if the Sea Dogs get strike three, we'll have to wait until April 18 for the next home game against Trenton.

Keep your fingers crossed, not only that the Sea Dogs get this doubleheader in, but that this is the last of the snowfall for this season. Slugger can't take it anymore.

ย