‘Walk Among the Shadows’ at Portland’s Eastern Cemetery
Portland's Eastern Cemetery was established in 1668 and is 351 years old. It is the oldest historic landscape in the city and there are around 7,000 citizens interred there. The cemetery is preserved and cared for by an organization called Spirits Alive.
Spirits Alive is made up of dedicated volunteers that have fundraisers throughout the year to fund repairs, maintenance and special projects for the Eastern Cemetery.
The next spine tingling event is "Walk Among the Shadows".
"Spirits" will provide visitors with a story-telling tour of the cemetery that describe the events leading up to Maine becoming a state. The stories were written by Lynne Cullen who was guided by spirits as she wrote.
Walk Among the Shadows Info:
- Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays October 17th-19th and October 24th-26th, walk with spirits from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
- On Sunday, October 20th and Sunday, October 27th the spirits will be present from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm for their guided walk.
- Adults $10, Kids 12 and under $5
- Dogs are not allowed
- Kids must be accompanied by an adult
- Wear layers and good footwear
- Find more information at spiritsalive.org
Get your tickets here for Walk Among the Shadows.