Yurt Your Heart Out At These 11 Maine Campgrounds
Camping in Maine is what you do during the summertime and if you are looking for a little bit of a different experience then dragging a camper around or tenting, it may be time to try staying in a yurt during your Maine vacation.
Some call it glamping but, hey, if you don't have to travel with a camper trailing behind you or if you don't have that option, then staying in a yurt is the way to feel like your camping without dealing with all the extra stuff like hitches or tent poles. Just leave it all behind, grab some water and snacks and go enjoy.
Some yurts are located in remote areas of Maine but some are located in more touristy areas. Either way you can get great views and enjoy Maine's incredible outdoor experiences on the ocean, on a lake, or in the mountains. It's great to have these locations centralized to enjoy multiple things in the area on your Maine adventure.
Check out this list of yerting areas in Maine that run the gamut of remoteness or close to town, on the edge of parks and recreation areas or amongst the tourist locations.
Where to Stay In A Yurt And Enjoy Maine
- Acadia Yurts & Wellness Center - Southwest Harbor
- Bangor Holden KOA - Holden
- Bass Harbor Campground - Bass Harbor
- Dixon's Coastal Maine Campground
- Frost Mountain Yurts - Brownfield
- Lone Mountain Riverfront Campground - Andover
- Maine Forest Yurts - Durham
- Northeast Whitewater Lodge, Campground & Guide Service - Shirley Mills
- Sandy Pines Campground - Kennebunkport
- Somes Sound View Campground - Mount Desert
- Wolfe's Neck Oceanfront Campground - Freeport