Check Out The Red Sox Resource Guide to Help Promote Social Justice Efforts
I am so proud to see the New England sports teams step up and speak out the last few weeks. Many people, say "stick to sports." There certainly is a time to do that, but this is not one of those times. Sports team stars and owners are speaking and writing about their outrage and anguish over the killing of George Floyd. And they are stepping up with very concrete ways to put their feelings into action.
From Red Sox President and CEO Sam Kennedy:
I am proud of our teammates who peacefully protested yesterday. Each of you helped shine a spotlight on injustice and used your voice to advocate for change. Please know we stand with you. I am so grateful to my teammates who consistently remind me that the Red Sox have an obligation to amplify the voices of those who share our values, but do not share our platform. Silence in the face of injustice is unacceptable.
The Red Sox have put out an amazing Social Justice Resouce Guide. In it you will find:
- Critical Questions to ask yourself
- How to Donate to worthy causes like Black Lives Matter and Campaign Zero
- Places to learn more about this topic like the Antiracism Center and the NAACP
- Who to call or text to advocate for change
- Where to sign petitions
- Spaces to honor Black Lives
- Books, TV shows, movies, and podcasts to educate yourself
- How to talk to your kids about racial injustice