Five Things Mainers Who Aren’t Watching the Super Bowl Can Do Tonight
I know that this is an insane concept to some of you, but here it goes... some Mainers don't give a rat's hoo-ha about the Super Bowl. Maybe they don't like either team, maybe football isn't their game. To each their own, more wings for me.
I think it would be fun to have a get-together with other friends who don't care about the game. Maybe watch a movie, make some lasagna, mix up a batch of sangria...
Here are a few things you can do tonight while the rest of the country is chugging beer and yelling at televisions:
- Have dinner in one of Portland's swank restaurants that doesn't take reservations, you might get a seat tonight.
- Shop in peace. Here I come Home Goods! The Old Port shops are all mine!
- Go bowling or ice skating at Mill Creek or Thompson's Point.
- Finally take the time to clear out "friends" on social media.
- Check out the Portland Museum of Art and then go out for a cocktail at the Top of the East.
Anything to add? What's happening outside of Portland that is NOT a Super Bowl party? Comment on our Fan Page.