Pairing Wine With Halloween Candy, Delish!
It's that time of year when two of my favorite things in the whole wide world mix together, Snickers and Chardonnay! Get the most flavor out of your candies and chocolates by pairing them with the right wine. You want the wine to be sweeter than what you are eating and to match the intensity of your treat's flavor.
After exhaustive research, I have a list of divine pairings assembled for you:
- If you are a fan of milk chocolate, such as M&M's, try a ruby or tawny port.
- Chardonnay has a lot of acid so it's great for cutting through the fattiness of peanut butter. Madeira is also a good companion for peanut butter because of it's funky nuttiness and yeastiness.
- Sour candies need a big full-bodied wine to match it's pow of intensity, a South African Chenin Blanc is recommended.
- A fruity Riesling is a good match up for Skittles, Laffy Taffy and Starbursts.
- A Marsala wine brings out the best flavors in a Butterfinger.
- One of my all time faves, the Crunch bar, is best paired with a Zinfandel.
Enjoy sweet treats and wicked beats at The Spirit of Portland Halloween Bash Saturday night October 29th at the Portland Expo with Hello Newman and Motor Booty Affair! Get info and tickets on our Events Page.
What candy goes best with a Chardonnay Black Box?...
Check out this link to get the perfect wine and candy pairings!