Ten Chores Men Mess Up On Purpose, and How!
How far will men go to get out of doing a chore? Truth is, they will sink to looking like inept baboons to escape simple tasks such as making the bed. This article happens to be about what men try to get out of doing, but women do it as well! When it comes down to the division of labor in our house, I would much rather clean the shower than dispose of a dead mouse!
In a new survey, 43% of men admitted that they fail cleaning chores on purpose, so they won't be asked to help anymore!
Here are the top ten chores men hate, and how they intentionally screw them up:
- Cleaning the bathroom. Spraying things down but not scrubbing off the soap dish, leaving streaks on the mirrors.
- Cleaning the toilet. Squirting cleaner in the bowl, but not scrubbing it.
- Cleaning the shower. Leaving lazy streaks and not cleaning the liner.
- Washing dishes. Leaving food on them.
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher. Putting things on the wrong rack or putting them away in the wrong place.
- Hanging clothes to dry...? Who does that anyway?
- Ironing. Can't say that I blame you there guys.
- Making the bed. Throwing the comforter on the bed, but not actually making the bed.
- Doing laundry. Mixing colors and overloading the machine.
- Vacuuming. Not bothering to vacuum under tables or in corners.
By the way, these tricks work about 25% of the time. On the flip side, 29% say that they've been called out for intentionally doing a bad job! According to the survey, men spend about an hour less per week cleaning than women do.
Have you run across this in your home? Comment on our Fan Page or tweet #scrubit
I will crush the trash down to avoid taking it out. I admit it.