Who Will Be Crowned Maine Breakfast Champion?
Tomorrow is the day we wait for all year. The Incredible Breakfast Cook-Off. Captain and Celeste will be broadcasting live and hosting this fantastic breakfast event. It all benefits the great people at Preble Street, so come on by before work. You can get tickets now or just buy them at the door tomorrow at Sea Dog Brewing in South Portland
Here's what's on the menu. The bar was raised last year and this competitors are really upping their games.
- Prime-rib hash with a fried egg and truffle hollandaise served on a biscuit.
- “Pigs in a Blanket” Shredded Pork Belly Blintz ~ Smoked Ricotta ~ Maple Pecan Sabayon ~ Coco Cracklings
- A Maine chef potato (round) stuffed with eggs with chive, country sausage, and smoked gouda and aged cheddar cheeses , finished with our own hollandaise.
- Liege waffle, moxie chocolate syrup, maple candied bacon
- Glazed loukamades with coffee braised beef and pickled candy apple
- Maine Lobster Breakfast Taco, Bowden Farms buttery scrambled eggs, house made chorizo, Small Point Maine lobster, cotija cheese, brunois red pepper, hollandaise, cilantro, warm flour tortilla
- Ojos Grandes: baked farm egg, potatoes, black beans, manchego, salsa verde
Here are the competitors:
Eves, Portland Harbor Hotel (past champion)
Jeff Landry (past champion)
Vignola Cinque Terre (Reigning champion)
Brunswick Hotel & Tavern
Bayside American Cafe
SeaDog Brewing Company
Pilot House Restaurant at Sebasco Harbor Resort
See you bright and early for Breakfast in America! Doors open at 7am