Schedule For Maine Memorial Day Parades!
On Monday Mainers will observe Memorial Day. Even though we associate this weekend with summer kick offs and cook outs, it really is about remembering the soldiers who have died in service to our country. The veterans proudly marching in uniform at Memorial Day Parades are walking in remembrance of lost friends and soldiers. Please try to fill their hearts with your appreciation, respect, and acknowledgment of their grief, by clapping for them loudly, waving your flags, and shake their hands if you have a chance. Let them know that you are there to remember the brave men and women that died in service.
Here are some of the Memorial Day Parades taking place on Monday:
- Biddeford/Saco- There will be a ceremony at Veteran's Park at 9:30 followed by a parade at 10 a.m. and a noon-time meal meal at the AmVets on Birch St.
- Kennebunkport- 9:30 a.m. starting at Dock Square
- Kennebunk- 2 p.m. on Main St., stopping at each memorial and ending with a wreath placing into the Mousam River.
- Portland- 10:15 a.m. on Longfellow Square, marching to Monument Square for ceremonies.
- Cape Elizabeth- 9:00 a.m. starting at the intersection of Fowler Rd. and Old Ocean House Rd.and ending at the War Veteran's Memorial with a ceremony.
- Old Orchard Beach- 1 p.m. on Main St.
- Wells/Ogunquit- 9 a.m. at Wells High School with ceremonies at 11 a.m. at Bourne Lane.
To those of you whom have lost a soldier, I am so sorry for your loss.