The wind storm knocked out power to hundreds of thousands of Mainers, some of who feed their families through food stamps. Many lost all of the food in their refrigerator and freezer and can't afford to replace it. According to WCSH, the Maine Dept. of Health and Human Services has announced that food lost due to the power outages can be replaced to those families. If you are a food stamp recipient and need to replace food, reach out to the Office for Family Independence at 1-855-797-4357. O.F.I. can mail you a form to fill out or you can stop into their regional office locations, here is a list with addresses.

More From 102.9 WBLM